Kubuntu+Wine=very complicated for games
hello it has been a little while since i was last here. ive recently tried installing two games made for windows on linux. one is Soldier of Fortune 2 and is a "test" version since it is a bit older i didnt want to go looking around for it so ive got a demo. i had it working fine then i had a failure somewhere down the line, and had to reinstall linux. The second game is Battlefield 2, also a demo since ive got better things to do then spend money on a game i dont play too often anyway. so i require some assistance with the following:
1. How to get the right resolution setup to play SOF 2 (it is installed and runs yet very slowly which it did not run slowly before)
2. How to get Direct X onto the computer and install it.
3. how to install binary files and some other help and tips involving file installation with Kubuntu.
4. Which is better Wine, or Cartega (sp)?
5. any tips involving gaming on linux would be very helpful seeing as how i am building this computer for my brother but i want it all done on linux, not another OS so please any info on how to get my problems fixed would be very helpful.
Any plans to support directx10?
I was just wondering if there were any plans to implement DirectX 10 into WINE. It doesn't matter quite yet but I know that m$ won't be releasing DirectX 10 for Xp - and I refuse to buy/use Vista. However, I'd like to play some DirectX 10 games (one of them being ShadowRun) when they come out.
(Btw this is my first post here -- I'm fairly inexperienced with Linux although a bit higher level-wise than a total beginner :)) I'm running Kubuntu atm on a machine dual-booted with Xp.