video editors in linux
Hi, sorry if my english is a little bad xd.
my video editors as OpenShot, PiTiVi, cinelerra Kdenlive, and others, each time i have a lot of bugs
video editors always close suddenly, not properly rendered videos, video editors are frozen.
my system is fully updated, and I have the nvidia proprietary drivers installed and 3d acceleration.
I use gnome.
currently use Ubuntu 10.10 but this problem happened to me all the distributions I've used:
ubuntu, fedora, opensuse, pclinuxos, pinguyOS, etc, etc, etc.
hopefully can help me.:)
I am not sure if this is going to help you, it did help me.
I tried them all, en ended up with opensuse being the only reasonably stable, reliable distro.
I do a lot of raw DVB TS and VOB stuff, then edit the advertizements out, sometimes convert stuff to mp4 for playstation 3 / android tablet.
I do not make video myself, so no advice there.....
- do not use gnome. it is buggy, unstable and the cause of lots of graphics related crashes.
- use KDE, 3.5 (old) or 4.6
- opensuse is fine, as long as you use yast and do NOT go outside it with stupidly copying tarballs into your system: you will always get screwed that way. anyone saying otherwise, does not know what he's talking about.
zypper / yast is very fast (much faster than anything else, as a matter of fact) and they are good. which sometimes means you cannot install something, because it would screw your config.
- PS3 media server for streaming the stuff
- some cinelerra (packman distrib) (I dont need all those features very often, so experience is very limited)
- dvbcut (for transfer streams, sattelite video)
- mencoder command line
- devede for dvd ( make a dvd in 10 minutes, without re-rendering your already mpeg-dvd compliant video material !!)
- kaffeine & xine
- audacity for audio recording and editing.
just my experience,
Maybe its compiz, install "fusion.icon" package, and disable compiz to use metacity.