Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well. ok I tryed the LiveCD Networkless install with the LiveDVD and it keeps failing. So, well is there a way to install Gentoo in the Normal way but.. still ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Networkless Install fails..

Well. ok I tryed the LiveCD Networkless install with the LiveDVD and it keeps failing.
    So, well is there a way to install Gentoo in the Normal way but.. still be network less.
    I have no idea how to do that? :S
    Is there a way to put the Portage on a USB/CD to it "downloads" from there?

Since I really need to get Gentoo isntalled.. since only Winblows Xterme Painfull is on this one :/

And I really need Gentoo..

Well, who knows how to put the Portage on a DVD/CD/USB.. OH BUT I need to be able to change the Portage Directory once.. Since well In only have a Wireless Card in this PC. and Ill set that up when I have Gentoo and Fluxbox up and running..

Well, thanks already
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

There is more than one way to install Gentoo, but I warn you, it will be a challenge to get it working no matter which install method you choose you use.
    You could just boot the LiveCD, and install from there but you need networking support I believe. So, you could try what I did and use an alternate method
    Gentoo Linux Documentation -- The Gentoo Linux alternative installation method HOWTO
    I have installed Gentoo with Knoppix once, and another time I just logged into Fedora and chrooted to the Gentoo partition, which is very cool either way as it allows you to use the network card already installed (hopefully), and you can browse the net while Gentoo does it's thing.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Thanks for the Document. I forgot about that one...
    And well I am familiar with Gentoo already for quite a while now..
    So I know that Its a challange to get it working.. But when it works.. Hell yea its great... ^^

Since its so Empty and stuff I really like Gentoo..
    And I hate all the RPM systems.. And I never installed a Debian Successfull..
    So, well im stuck with Gentoo ^^ Ive installed about 3~4 Gentoo systems already so I think I can say that I can do it again ^^

Thanks for the Document..
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close