Results 1 to 5 of 5
I would like to learn Gentoo, so I installed it in a VMware virtual machine, it took me about four hours to install and forty three hours to update, finally, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 11-23-2007 #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
need your help, thanks!
1. I set the default locale to be English (LANG=en_US), but I find folders and files named with Traditional Chinese are not displayed correctly, all the names are question marks, "???", besides, I can not either find Traditional Chinese input option in SCIM setting, although I have installed scim-m17n, so what packages do I have to install for these requirements?
PS : I don't want to change the locale to Chinese.
2. When I tried the Sabayon PE liveCD, it played music while launching the desktop, then I install it into the virtual machine, but there is no more sound card detected, and pops up this information window Picasa Web Albums - 鈞丞 - Sabayon.
I run lspci/lsmod and the sound card is listed, I run alsaconf and all the settings are correct, then I re-install alsa-lib, but no help, I just wonder why the sound card works while running liveCD but doesn't after installation? and how can I get the sound card working?
02:01.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97] (rev 02)
Module Size Used by
bluetooth 52580 0
ipv6 258532 12
snd_seq_midi 9344 0
snd_seq_dummy 4868 0
snd_seq_oss 30592 0
snd_seq_midi_event 7936 2 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_oss
snd_seq 47600 6 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_mid i_event
snd_ens1371 25760 0
gameport 16008 1 snd_ens1371
snd_rawmidi 23680 2 snd_seq_midi,snd_ens1371
snd_seq_device 8972 5 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd _rawmidi
snd_ac97_codec 93476 1 snd_ens1371
ac97_bus 3456 1 snd_ac97_codec
ac 7172 0
battery 14340 0
power_supply 11268 2 ac,battery
pcnet32 31620 0
i2c_piix4 9484 0
i2c_core 24448 1 i2c_piix4
shpchp 32276 0
pci_hotplug 15112 1 shpchp
intel_agp 24468 1
pcspkr 4096 0
tg3 101508 0
e1000 112832 0
scsi_wait_scan 2432 0
sl811_hcd 12928 0
uhci_hcd 23952 0
ehci_hcd 32396 0
- 11-23-2007 #2
- 11-25-2007 #3
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
The sound problem is solved.
I still need helps to solve the problems of displaying and inputing Traditional Chinese, I run "echo 'zh_TW.UTF-8 UTF-8' >> /etc/locale.gen" to add support of Traditional Chinese, but it seems to be useless, any more solutions?
BTW, I emerge scim and scim-tables, after that, I still can not launch scim to input, so I search the web and find I have to install package scim-qtimm, but I get the error message:
* ERROR: app-i18n/scim-qtimm-0.9.4 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 1717: Called dyn_setup
* ebuild.sh, line 768: Called qa_call 'pkg_setup'
* ebuild.sh, line 44: Called pkg_setup
* scim-qtimm-0.9.4.ebuild, line 31: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "You need to rebuild >=x11-libs/qt-3.3.4 with immqt-bc(recommended) or immqt USE flag enabled."
* The die message:
* You need to rebuild >=x11-libs/qt-3.3.4 with immqt-bc(recommended) or immqt USE flag enabled.
I search in Gentoo handbook and don't know how to "rebuild >=x11-libs/qt-3.3.4 with immqt-bc" , then I try to add ">=x11-libs/qt-3.3.4 immqt immqt-bc" in /etc/portage/package.use, but it seems to be useless, need more helps, thanks a lot!
- 11-25-2007 #4
- 11-25-2007 #5
USE=immqt emerge =x11-libs/qt-3.3.4How to know if you are a geek.
when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
New users read The FAQ