Find the answer to your Linux question:
i tried to install gentoo but it doesn't recognise my network onboard card(it's Micro-Star International VT6102 [Rhine-II]).doesn't it support on board nics (i have an msi kt6v motherboard for athlon).ifconfig ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

nic problem

i tried to install gentoo but it doesn't recognise my network onboard card(it's
    Micro-Star International VT6102 [Rhine-II]).doesn't it support on board nics (i have an msi kt6v motherboard for athlon).ifconfig eth0 returned me :no such device.
    is there a way to make it work?
    thanks
    Linux For Ever!

First try booting with the smp kernel, that is a 2.6 kernel that supports more hardware, if that doesn't work locate the module that contains the driver and modprobe it, if that doesn't work then i suggest trying a 2004.0 livecd(that is if you are using the 2004.1 now)

Linux Engineer
    ok i will try it and post if something goes wrong..
    Linux For Ever!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    If its a rhine card then it is supported. all you have to do is modprobe the correct module.. im not at home now so i cant check for you sorrry, something like "via_rhine".. will check back later.

Linux Engineer
    thanks for the reply,if you have time check it please...i'm waiting your post "variant".
    Linux For Ever!

the modprob will fix your problem, but when i had a problem, i tried booting the 2.6 kernel via smp, and that fixed my problem, reguardless, i wanted to install the 2.6 kernel, so for me that was all the better, but if you want to use the 2.4, then use the modprobe.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333