Find the answer to your Linux question:
i downloaded the sabayon linux 3.4 n booted it after writin to dvd....after i selected graphic installation,when the screen displays starting live cd environment,my keyboards scroll lock key n num ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sabayon linux 3.4f installation problem

i downloaded the sabayon linux 3.4 n booted it after writin to dvd....after i selected graphic installation,when the screen displays starting live cd environment,my keyboards scroll lock key n num lock key start blinkin n the installation hangs up......can anyone please tell me waht may be the cause for this....this used to happe for version 3.26 too but gotsolved when i updated my bios but this time that method is not workin.....this happens even if i try the live cd option.......can anyone help?????

Hello killmastern3,
    It's more than likely a Video problem, can you boot the DVD into text mode? If you can do that, then you can change the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to use which ever video card you have installed.
    See this link to boot into Text mode.
    En:Sabayon Linux - Sabayon
    Which Video card do you have?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    my pc config is
    AMD 64 3000+,Asus A8n-VM motherboard with onboard nvidia 6100 graphics card n 1 gb ram......i cant even boot to text mode....

Have you tried any of the boot parameters listed on that link I posted?
    I'd try using acpi=off
    What's the last thing you see on the screen before it crashes?
    Have you tried any other Distro, and do you get the same problem?
    EDIT: are you using the AMD x86-64 Edition DVD?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

Just Joined!
    i am not using the 64 bit edition.....it shows the screen "preparing the live cd environment,press alt+f1 for verbose mode"....i am new to linux so i dont know what to do.....

I would recommend that you download and try the AMD x86-64, if that's what type of machine you have. You could try pressing alt+f1 for verbose mode, you might see an error that's keeping your machine from booting correctly.

Just Joined!
    i got it right....turns out my sony dvd writer was not compatible...i wrote the dvd in that drive but couldnt install the same in it....kinda has me baffled......
    thanx for tryin to help me MikeTbob.....