Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sorry if i have posted at the the wrong place....coz i cant find anything for sabayon Linux...and as Sabayon is based on gentoo...pheraps u can help me out... I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Sabyon Linux video player exits...

Sorry if i have posted at the the wrong place....coz i cant find anything for sabayon Linux...and as Sabayon is based on gentoo...pheraps u can help me out...
    I have installed Sabayon Linux 3.5 r2 on my system...the only problem i face is any video player just simply exits and shows nothing...kaffeine only gives audio...plz help me with this bug...thanks...do reply...

Execute this
    Code:
    su -
    /sbin/lspci | grep -i vga
    grep -i driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Post output here.

* Its Capital X in X11.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    o/p for first command
    00:02.0 VGA compataible controller : Intel Corporation Mobile gm965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

Just Joined!
    o/ for second command
    Driver "synaptics"
    Driver "mouse"
    Driver "i810"

do reply...Thanks...

Open /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and replace Driver "i810" with "vesa".
    Save file and reboot machine. You must have root privileges to edit that file.

In case it doesn't work ( X Server doesn't even start sometimes ), just press Alt+Ctrl+F1, edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and set "i810" again.

Just Joined!
    ok...will try that...will reply tomorrow...plz just check this thread tomorrow evening according to time in Pune...the time here is
    12:20am....the firefox download day begins...download it...my friend....

Its 12:20 am here too. I am from Chandigarh only.
    Do let me know how it goes. Good Luck !

Just Joined!
    dude...it surely worked but had two probs...one the screen size became small...compiz fusion became unstable...also emerald is not ready 2 apply themes...it needs a reboot to apply themes...do reply...thanks...plz check my old thread...as for how can i make the change permanent for that drive..i have 2 everytime give that command after reboot...

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by akshay.sulakhe View Post
    dude...it surely worked but had two probs...one the screen size became small...compiz fusion became unstable...also emerald is not ready 2 apply themes...it needs a reboot to apply themes...do reply...thanks...plz check my old thread...as for how can i make the change permanent for that drive..i have 2 everytime give that command after reboot...
    1.- vesa will be very slow, even on modern machines, so use the driver for your video card (i810)
    2.- beryl/compiz will never work without glx, so, they will not work with vesa (they might work with vesa on aixgl, I don't know, but they will nor perform ok, you surely will not be able to move a window)
    3.- beryl/compiz sometimes has (or had) problem with video players, so, turn off this useless eyecandy while doing tests.

Start your media player from CLI, for instance MPlayer spits out lots of useful information when invoked from CLI.

To get better help ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast