Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, Yesterday I downloaded the latest gentoo live cd and tried to install it. Previously I had windows xp and ubuntu 8.10 parallel on my laptop. After the computer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Urgent help please

Hi everyone,
    Yesterday I downloaded the latest gentoo live cd and tried to install it. Previously I had windows xp and ubuntu 8.10 parallel on my laptop. After the computer booted from gentoo live cd, in the install GTK I accidentally pushed "delete partitions" and pushed ok in the warning after that. Then I realized that what have I done and left the live cd and shut down the computer. Now my question is: have I lost all my information on the hard disk, and if it is so, is there any way that I can recover my partitions or at least my files.
    Thanks

Hi and Welcome !

Are Windows XP and Ubuntu booting up fine? Its easy to recover partition unless you haven't formatted partitions.
    Boot up from PartedMagic LiveCD and run TestDisk. It will recover deleted partition(s).
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

Definitely give TestDisk a go as recommended above. I've seen it recover all kinds of deleted partitions many times.

Let us know how it goes for you.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close