Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anyone have luck finding drivers or getting any support or any graphics with this? I just want to get kde up and running, and can't find any drivers for it, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ati pci-expressx16 radeon x800se

Anyone have luck finding drivers or getting any support or any graphics with this? I just want to get kde up and running, and can't find any drivers for it, and alot of other forums have mixed responses and what not on if there is such thing as drivers for the xorg system. ati sucks, but dell woulda made me pay 200 extra for a nvidia=(
    Daum

Just Joined!
    Did you try the standard ati drivers (emerge -vu ati-drivers)?
    They work with most ati cards.
    ... And there is a need for providing a driver with the xorg system. Just as you would with xfree.

HTH
    Flupke

Just Joined!

nope

nope, ati-drivers doesnt' work for it. i do'nt think the drivers are out, i checked the site they only thus far have the agp series of the x800 supported...gr..anyone else though have any solutions or guesses?

Daum

Just Joined!
    Maybe you can try to boot a knoppix (or another live cd with decent hardware detection), see if X fires up and if it does, then you can check which drivers it is using. This method seems efficient for quite a lot of driver problems.