Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by saivin Mad at mad... I did nothing and its working now... Did rebooting do the trick(shutdown system yesterday night and switched on now. )? I had compiled ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Quote Originally Posted by saivin View Post

Mad at mad... I did nothing and its working now...

Did rebooting do the trick(shutdown system yesterday night and switched on now. )? I had compiled Xfmedia after moc and it worked like charm without rebooting or even logout-login...!
    I think I might have a response about that.

When moc starts it launches two components, you can see them in top or htop. So, there's a daemon and a client. When you close the client with 'q' or you exist X or close the terminal you run moc on, only the client is closed, the daemon still exists in your user space. Which is why the playlist remains running even when you have closed moc.

To completely exit moc you need to use shift+q instead if my memory serves well.

My -wild- thought is that maybe you closed only the client, but not the daemon, which means that you were still using the old moc that was living in your ram which had no support for libmad. Maybe then you closed moc entirely and after launching it again that was the new one, which worked with mp3's without a problem.

i92guboj, 'revdep-rebuild' is not working. It says command not found. What package I need to install?
    app-portage/gentoolkit

Quote Originally Posted by i92guboj View Post
    My -wild- thought is that maybe you closed only the client, but not the daemon, which means that you were still using the old moc that was living in your ram which had no support for libmad. Maybe then you closed moc entirely and after launching it again that was the new one, which worked with mp3's without a problem.
    You hit bull's eye with eyes closed. ..thats _exactly_ what happenned.
    Quote Originally Posted by i92guboj View Post
    app-portage/gentoolkit
    Gracias! 'revdep-rebuild' is working now.
    A candle looses nothing by lighting other candles. - Khalil Zibran.
    Registered Linux User #490076

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2