Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just finished my installation and I can't ping to any sites, such as Google (it was possible to ping google during instalation on live cd but not now), therefore ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Can`t ping outside LAN

I just finished my installation and I can't ping to any sites, such as Google (it was possible to ping google during instalation on live cd but not now), therefore I can't continue to install apache, etc. with the emerge command since it can't resolve any sites. I`m using dhcp through Linksys router. Other computers on that router got network and can ping.

ANY help is greatly appreciated. I am a newbie to all this, as you can see... and it has been terribly trying to figure this out. And sorry about print screen like this but it is late here and i just don`t have strength to sit more on this today.

THank you in advance

Ps. my other problem is that black space on screen, i cant somehow change resolution that desktop would fill whole screen. (I am using gdm now)
    Attached Images Attached Images

sounds like dns issue, what is contents of /etc/resolv.conf? Can you ping IP still?

He has resolv.conf opened in the image and to me it looks correct, however, I wonder whether the system knows what the address of the gateway is. I do know how to configure it in Ubuntu, but not in Gentoo, so I'll try in my VM (If you haven't found a solution by then).