Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Xfce on Gentoo, and twice this has happened. When I install it, in the Xfce Menu, some of the icons are not there. They are little papers ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy Installed Xfce, some menu icons not showing ...

I just installed Xfce on Gentoo, and twice this has happened. When I install it, in the Xfce Menu, some of the icons are not there. They are little papers with red x's on them. I went by the xfce-config.xml page on gentoo.org, changed a few little options when I was installing, but I didn't mess with anything that should cause this to happen. I emerged Rodent afterwards, just to see - it didn't help. I have icons for everything as far as I can tell, other than in the Xfce Menu. Besides the red x, there is also a complete lack of any icon at all - especially under Settings. The exact same thing - even the same icons ... this has happened twice now. The first time I installed it I used the gentoo.org config.xml page step by step, and it was the same.
    It's very annoying, I even tried emerging some of the recommended packages on the Xfce site like librsvg, thinking it would help.

I've found quite a few things mentioning this in other forums and on other sites, but I can't find one that helps me. They all just suggest installing another icon theme.