Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I just bought a HP Probook 4515s and I immediately installed Sabayon 5.1. I counter 2 problems. 1) When I boot sometimes before logging to the home screen the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

HP Probook 4515s wi-fi problem

Hello

I just bought a HP Probook 4515s and I immediately installed Sabayon 5.1. I counter 2 problems.
    1) When I boot sometimes before logging to the home screen the pc shuts down! I have to reboot 2 or 3 times until I log in.
    2) (And the major problem) Wi-Fi does't seems to work.

There's a page to laptopwiki where these 2 problems are mentioned for my laptop. The editor suggests a fix for Ubuntu but it doesn't seems to do any good for Sabayon.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance and excuse my english.

Start here for the Wireless and post the info in this thread for further assistance.
    Wireless Internet - Linux Forums

What do you mean the PC shuts down? Is it shutting down and rebooting? Or is the desktop just going dark? Please explain a little more.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Check the ndiswrapper wiki page together with the wicd that might help you with the wifi issue. Ndiswrapper takes the .ini files from the windows driver and builds a sort of module to make the wifi card to work. The wicid is a network manager the best in my very personal opinion.