Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I'm installing Gentoo 2008 LiveCD for the first time, In a 1gb Pendrive using Unetbootin. It Booted smoothly, I choose a default kernel (Gentoo) and don't change kernel options. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mouse and Keyboard don't work

Hi! I'm installing Gentoo 2008 LiveCD for the first time, In a 1gb Pendrive using Unetbootin. It Booted smoothly, I choose a default kernel (Gentoo) and don't change kernel options. But when it asks to change the keyboard region, the keyboard doesn't react. It loads in default u.s. configuration, and when I try to move the mouse or use the keyboard on the desktop the don't react. None of them are usb.

Thanks beforehand.

Hello and Welcome,
    Can you post your /etc/make.conf file please?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Reemerge some things

Try to reemerge/emerge these packets:

x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard
    x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse

If you don't know how to do it in you gentoo installation, just boot from other linux(liveCD), configure the internet, mount your Gentoo installation(for example to /mnt/gentoo)
    then do:
    $ mount -o bind /proc /mnt/gentoo/proc
    $ mount -o bind /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev
    $ cat /etc/resolv.conf > /mnt/gentoo/etc/resolv.conf
    $ chroot /mnt/gentoo
    $ source /etc/profile && env-update
    $ emerge -av x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse

Just Joined!
    As you know nowdays xorg works together with hal to detect automatically some hardwre. It uses this files called policies located at /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy , you must copy the ones you need in /etc/hal/fdi/policy, here you can edit the policies for example in my case I use latin american keyb. map so I use 10-input plicy and i change "us" by "latam" . I am not an expert but I've been struggling with my xorg configuration and i've read a lot about this hope it gives you some ideas to solve your problem. Cheers