Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i've been having problems with Gentoo;i think im doin the wrong steps maybe someone could be of some help for me cfdisk,mk reiserfs /dev/hda1,mkswap /dev/hda1,swapon /dev/hda1, mount -t /dev/hda1/mnt/gentoo, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help with gentoo install

Hi, i've been having problems with Gentoo;i think im doin the wrong steps maybe someone could be of some help for me cfdisk,mk reiserfs /dev/hda1,mkswap /dev/hda1,swapon /dev/hda1, mount -t /dev/hda1/mnt/gentoo, mkdir /mnt/gentoo/boot links etc....

but when i install stage3 it install alot then say no device space left dont know what im doin wrong

Linux Newbie
    looks to me that your making all your filesystems on one partion. Just for reference, hda is a drive, hda* is a partiton on that drive. So if you mk<somefs> /dev/hda you use the entire drive. Try using fdisk to make your partitions. Pay special attn. to what number it is on so you can put your root system on one partition and your swap on another.