Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, i figured out how to set the partition and i started with stage3 installed fine,then i get to the kernel did everything it told me too but i make ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

/dev/BOOT ???

Well, i figured out how to set the partition and i started with stage3 installed fine,then i get to the kernel did everything it told me too but i make and try to compile the kernel it says /dev/BOOT not mounted

You have to edit your /etc/fstab and put in the actual partition names. If you followed the handbook, I believe that you will replace BOOT with hda1, ROOT with hda3 and SWAP with hda2. These are, of course, after the /dev so they will look like /dev/hda1, etc.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    Yes,but i made my hda1 reiserfs and then had a swap do i need to go to fdisk /dev/hda and make the last one

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Now I don't understand what you are trying to ask...please re-write your question in readable English.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    Camino, California, United States of America
    Did you leave enough space on the hard drive for a boot partion? If so, and you didn't create one to start with, you have to do the following (You can do this from the LiveCD, or chroot'ed into the new environment--in that case, just replace the part that says "mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/gentoo/boot" with "mount /dev/hda3 /boot"):
    Code:
    fdisk /dev/hda
    n
    (Follow the prompts to make the new partition) Then,
    Code:
    w
    mke2fs /dev/hda3
    (Or whatever partition number you made the new partition) Then edit your /etc/fstab file and replace the part with /dev/BOOT with /dev/hda3 (Or the correct partition number). Then mount the partition
    Code:
    mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/gentoo/boot
    , then emerge grub, copy over the kernel, and configure grub with the kernel. (Use the handbook, it's a good thing! ) Anyway, hope that helps.

Jesse

Just Joined!
    thanks for your help but i got it working on now on gentoo and loving it

Just Joined!
    Great Distro, Eh?

Gentoo, in short, KICKS ASS!