Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hmm, can you issue the fdisk -l command without the USB device plugged in and post the results, please? I guess it's a LVM partition. Do you know the actual ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hmm, can you issue the fdisk -l command without the USB device plugged in and post the results, please? I guess it's a LVM partition. Do you know the actual size of the USB drive is supposed to be?
    Fdisk should detect just about any file system know to mankind, even Windows.
    I'm kinda hoping someone else can help out here. I'm not very good with LVM partitions and drives. I don't use LVM myself.
    Logical Volume Manager (Linux) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    The USB is not where I am, but at Colo. The USB is 2TB, I believe it's the one listed. I think if I can format it under Linux then it will start reliefing my HD space?

I don't know about that. Seeing as how it doesn't give you a /dev/sdb or other partition/drive assignment in the output of fdisk -l, how will you format it? Also the command you want to run:
    Code:
    mount -o gid=555,uid=555 /dev/sdb /home/servers/pbxware/pw/var/spool/ asterisk/monitor/
    There is no /dev/sdb, so no, this command will not work either.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2