Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys im trying out gentoo KDE and i love it so i want to install it. The only problem is im using a Dell Dimension 4600i and i have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Detect External wireless card

Hey guys im trying out gentoo KDE and i love it so i want to install it. The only problem is im using a Dell Dimension 4600i and i have an external wireless card usb. now ubuntu, macpup, puppy linux, linux mint all have detected and ran the wireless just fine from that card but gentoo wont detect it because it says no wireless networks found is there mybe a way i can get gentoo to detect my wireless card its a belkin card.

Use the ubuntu or kubuntu live cd to install gentoo. The gentoo livecd is pretty horrible IMO.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

Linux Newbie
    how do i install gentoo using ubuntu? Im not doubting or anything i just have never done this and have no clue where to begin??

Instead of using the gentoo livecd, just use the ubuntu livecd instead. It has the same tools available, and your gentoo install will be downloaded during install anyway. Gentoo is manually installed, so you have to download the parts and compile them. Any livecd that detects your hardware will work.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

Linux Newbie
    thanks I think its going to work and i learned something different about linux that you can use any cd.