Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I go to emerge kdebase so I can have my nice graphical environment, and I hit a snag. I was doing fine, and then my internet went out in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

emerging kdebase

So I go to emerge kdebase so I can have my nice graphical environment, and I hit a snag. I was doing fine, and then my internet went out in the middle of the installation, so when it came back up, I started emerging again. But now I get this error.
    Code:
    <NAME CHANGED TO PROTECT MY INNOCENCE># emerge kdebase
    Calculating dependencies ...done!
    >>> emerge &#40;1 of 13&#41; x11-misc/ttmkfdir-3.0.9-r2 to /
    >>> md5 src_uri ;-&#41; ttmkfdir-3.0.9.tar.bz2
    >>> Unpacking source...
    >>> Unpacking ttmkfdir-3.0.9.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/ttmkfdir-3.0.9-r2/work
     * Applying ttmkfdir-3.0.9-cpp.patch ...                                  &#91; ok &#93;
     * Applying ttmkfdir-3.0.9-zlib.patch ...                                 &#91; ok &#93;
     * Applying ttmkfdir-3.0.9-gcc34.patch ...                                &#91; ok &#93;
     * Applying ttmkfdir-3.0.9-encoding.patch ...                             &#91; ok &#93;
     * Applying ttmkfdir-3.0.9-freetype_new_includes.patch ...                &#91; ok &#93;
    >>> Source unpacked.
    libtool --mode=compile x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -Wall -pedantic -I/usr/include/fr                                                                                          eetype2  -march=athlon64 -funroll-loops -pipe -o ttmkfdir.o -c ttmkfdir.cpp
    libtool --mode=compile x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -Wall -pedantic -I/usr/include/fr                                                                                          eetype2  -march=athlon64 -funroll-loops -pipe -o directory.o -c directory.cpp
    libtool&#58; compile&#58; unable to infer tagged configuration
    libtool&#58; compile&#58; specify a tag with `--tag'
    make&#58; *** &#91;directory.o&#93; Error 1
    make&#58; *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    libtool&#58; compile&#58; unable to infer tagged configuration
    libtool&#58; compile&#58; specify a tag with `--tag'
    make&#58; *** &#91;ttmkfdir.o&#93; Error 1

!!! ERROR&#58; x11-misc/ttmkfdir-3.0.9-r2 failed.
    !!! Function src_compile, Line 44, Exitcode 2
    !!! emake failed
    !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.
    [/code]

Just Joined!
    Try removing the kde files in /usr/portage/distfiles and then do a:

$ emerge --fetchonly kde
    $ emerge kde

That way losing internet connection won't bork you compiling. But I'm not sure it'll solve your problem. You might want to remove the packages installed before your error occured. Just a thought, I'm not sure...

Just Joined!
    ok, how do i know what packages i need to remove? and how do i remove them?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    It should be ok to remove all of them, but then you'd need to download them again if you are to recompile them. Other than that there shouldn't be any problem.

Just Joined!
    no, i don't know how to remove the package. can someone tell me how?

Just Joined!
    Ok, I got it now. I tried re-emerging libtool, which still didn't work. But after some heavy googling, I found a flag to attach (--oneshot).

So, if your installation is interrupted, and you get this error, you have to
    Code:
    emerge --oneshot libtool
    [/code]

Linux Enthusiast
    just do:
    Code:
    emerge libtool
    I had the same problem before. Don't worry about the --oneshot, I don't get why people add that anyways, since I figure you WANT libtool in the world profile...
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050