Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

How else to install Gentoo

I installed Gentoo to this tutorial. Gentoo Linux Installation Guide with Screenshots - Part 2
    How else to install Gentoo? How to install Xorg server, Graphics Adapters drivers, a Desktop Environment and other features and how you can transform Gentoo into a powerful Desktop or Server Platform based on this minimal system installation?

This performance Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7332 Laptop

Video - Funtoo
    Make.conf - Funtoo
    X Window System

which desktop environment do you want? i run xfce4 so i emerge xfce4-meta...

i like graphical logins so i also use
    Package: XDM (Display Manager) (x11-apps/xdm)
    &&
    Package: Lightdm (x11-misc/lightdm)

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Installing and learning how to take best advantage of Gentoo is not a task for the faint-of-heart. I have installed it several times in the past, and the first time took me a month of sundays (several weeks of evenings) to get it right. Once done, it was great! Anyway, if you emerge the desktop(s) you want to use, that will also install, as necessary, the xorg servers, libraries, and related stuff (Qt, GTK+, et al). First though, get it working in minimal mode - command line.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    -->
    linux from scratch i would build over the network via ssh from a fully functioning computer that i could read docs from. i use the same strategy for gentoo, only now im using live media with swap mounted.