Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was wondering as i am trying out the many diffrent distros of linux if there was a Live CD of gentoo that i can run and c what its ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Live CD

I was wondering as i am trying out the many diffrent distros of linux if there was a Live CD of gentoo that i can run and c what its like to avoid installing the whole distro
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Registered Linux user # 376962

Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

but it says that they r intended to boot the computer to use the online instalation i really dont want to install it.......yet would just like to try it
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Registered Linux user # 376962

Linux Engineer
    You can't really make a true LiveCD with Gentoo.. They are only for installing the system.. The reason being is that everything is custom compiled to your settings/system.. If you want to try it, you'll have to install it.
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by powhitetrash
    but it says that they r intended to boot the computer to use the online instalation i really dont want to install it.......yet would just like to try it
    Gentoo's livecd is different from most in that it boots to a minimal Linux system instead of the amazingly expansive GUI systems offered by Knoppix and the others. Gentoo's intention for the livecd is for use for installation of their OS but the CD is very useful as a rescue CD, etc. Because it boots a minimal Linux, it doesn't take long to boot and it does not demand a lot of resources. When you boot to the Gentoo livecd, you can mount and access the drives of the host computer and you can configure to access the network including the internet, in a text environment, and you can ssh into other computers on the network.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better