Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all. I have had gentoo up and running for over a week now, but am lost as to that i might wanna do next. So far i have my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

What next.......

Hi all.

I have had gentoo up and running for over a week now, but am lost as to that i might wanna do next.

So far i have my webcam and printer workin, i have installed Fluxbox, gkrellm, OOo, xmms, mplayer and a few extra utilities, have DVD's playing back aswell, just dont know what to do next now..... anyone got any cool apps that they would suggest installing?
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

You could setup distcc, to speed up merges, that's always fun. Have emerged frozen-bubble yet?

Linux Enthusiast
    Unmask enlightenment DR17 and it's libraries so that emerge will do direct live cvs builds (to use the latest code) and check it out
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

Quote Originally Posted by Stormblazer
    Unmask enlightenment DR17 and it's libraries so that emerge will do direct live cvs builds (to use the latest code) and check it out
    I have enlightenment installed, but have not got round to using it yet, just been getting used to fluxbox, i have only previously used KDE
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

you could try emulation! xmame pcsx mupen64 rocknes gens. those are suspose to be very nice. (try gxmame or something to use mame a little easier. you could get filesharing u with gift. you could try flightgear. you could try to install porthole for a graphical emerge system. you could install gimp and make pretty pictures. or you could test files and rport bugs. or you could even make emerge builds for programs you dont find in portage to expand the data base.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Just Joined!
    I always like to find a way to mess my system up just so I have a reason to do something on it.. Being a Windows admin, I'm so used to things breaking I have to do it on purpose on Linux (and FreeBSD) just to give myself something to do

jvx
    Just Joined!
    amaroK, you forgot to install amaroK