Find the answer to your Linux question:
well. i recently installed gentoo and loved it. however i found that many programs i wanted were outdated and the best way to get the new versions was to move ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

pyopengl 2.0.1.09 error

well. i recently installed gentoo and loved it. however i found that many programs i wanted were outdated and the best way to get the new versions was to move to the ~x86 testing branch. everything goes fine in the 139 package build list untill you get to 45 remaining. this package is caled (see title) and it realy doesnt want to compile. see here.

Code:
     tux ~ # emerge pyopengl
    Calculating dependencies ...done!
    >>> emerge (1 of 1) dev-python/pyopengl-2.0.1.09 to /
    >>> md5 src_uri ;-) PyOpenGL-2.0.1.09.tar.gz
    >>> Unpacking source...
    >>> Unpacking PyOpenGL-2.0.1.09.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/pyopengl-2.0.1.09/work
    >>> Source unpacked.
    Togl not to be built change config/linux2.cfg to enable
    running build
    running build_w
    swig -version

SWIG Version 1.3.21
    Copyright (c) 1995-1998
    University of Utah and the Regents of the University of California
    Copyright (c) 1998-2003
    University of Chicago
    Compiled with i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ [i686-pc-linux-gnu]

Please see http://www.swig.org for reporting bugs and further information
    WARNING!!! wrong swig version.  Need 1.3.13, continuing anyway.

SWIG Version 1.3.21
    Copyright (c) 1995-1998
    University of Utah and the Regents of the University of California
    Copyright (c) 1998-2003
    University of Chicago
    Compiled with i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ [i686-pc-linux-gnu]

Please see http://www.swig.org for reporting bugs and further information
    sh: swig1.3: command not found
    warning: build_w: Can't find SWIG, will just have to do with the existing wrapper source.
    running config
    compiling '_configtest.c':

#ifdef _WIN32
    #include <windows.h>
    #endif
    #ifdef __APPLE_CC__
    #include <OpenGL/gl.h>
    #include <OpenGL/glu.h>
    #else
    #include <GL/gl.h>
    #include <GL/glu.h>
    #endif
    #ifdef GLU_VERSION_1_2
    GLUnurbs *x;
    GLUtesselator *y;
    GLUquadric *z;
    #endif
    i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O2 -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fPIC -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -c _configtest.c -o _configtest.o
    compiling '_configtest.c'&#58;

#ifdef _WIN32
    #include <windows.h>
    #endif
    #ifdef __APPLE_CC__
    #include <OpenGL/gl.h>
    #else
    #include <GL/gl.h>
    #endif
    #ifndef GL_EXT_texture_object
    void glAreTexturesResidentEXT &#40;GLsizei n, const GLuint *textures, GLboolean *residences&#41;
    &#123;
    &#125;
    #endif
    i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O2 -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fPIC -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -c _configtest.c -o _configtest.o
    running build_py
    i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O2 -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fPIC -DGLX_PLATFORM -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/python2.3 -c _configtest.c -o _configtest.o
    i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread _configtest.o -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages -o _configtest
    _configtest
    removing&#58; _configtest.c _configtest.o _configtest
    creating build
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLU
    copying src/shadow/GLU.GLU__init__.0103.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLU/GLU__init__.py
    i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O2 -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fPIC -DGLX_PLATFORM -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/python2.3 -c _configtest.c -o _configtest.o
    i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread _configtest.o -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages -o _configtest
    _configtest
    removing&#58; _configtest.c _configtest.o _configtest
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL
    copying src/shadow/GL.GL__init__.0101.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/GL__init__.py
    copying OpenGL/trackball.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL
    copying OpenGL/quaternion.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL
    copying OpenGL/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/solid_torus.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/wire_tetrahedron.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/solid_icosahedron.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/solid_cone.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/solid_cube.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/wire_sphere.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/solid_dodecahedron.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/wire_teapot.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/wire_cone.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/wire_icosahedron.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/wire_cube.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/wire_torus.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/solid_sphere.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/solid_teapot.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/solid_octahedron.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/solid_tetrahedron.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/wire_octahedron.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry/wire_dodecahedron.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLUT/geometry
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLE
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLE/cone.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLE
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLE/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLE
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLE/helix.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/GLE
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/da
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/da/dots.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/da
    copying OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/da/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/suite/items/da
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/WGL
    copying OpenGL/WGL/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/WGL
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX
    copying OpenGL/GLX/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/_3DFX
    copying OpenGL/GLX/_3DFX/multisample.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/_3DFX
    copying OpenGL/GLX/_3DFX/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/_3DFX
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/SGIS
    copying OpenGL/GLX/SGIS/multisample.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/SGIS
    copying OpenGL/GLX/SGIS/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/SGIS
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GLX/EXT/multisample.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/EXTcopying OpenGL/GLX/EXT/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/EXT
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/ARB
    copying OpenGL/GLX/ARB/multisample.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/ARBcopying OpenGL/GLX/ARB/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLX/ARB
    copying OpenGL/GLU/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLU
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLU/SGI
    copying OpenGL/GLU/SGI/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLU/SGI
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLU/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GLU/EXT/nurbs_tessellator.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLU/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GLU/EXT/object_space_tess.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLU/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GLU/EXT/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GLU/EXT
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Tk
    copying OpenGL/Tk/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Tk
    copying OpenGL/GL/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/Autodesk
    copying OpenGL/GL/Autodesk/bgra_colors.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/Autodesk
    copying OpenGL/GL/Autodesk/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/Autodesk
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/_3DFX
    copying OpenGL/GL/_3DFX/multisample.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/_3DFX
    copying OpenGL/GL/_3DFX/texture_compression_FXT1.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/_3DFX
    copying OpenGL/GL/_3DFX/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/_3DFX
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/INTEL
    copying OpenGL/GL/INTEL/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/INTEL
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/APPLE
    copying OpenGL/GL/APPLE/transform_hint.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/APPLE
    copying OpenGL/GL/APPLE/specular_vector.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/APPLE
    copying OpenGL/GL/APPLE/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/APPLE
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SUNX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SUNX/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SUNX
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/ycrcb.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/shadow_ambient.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/ir_instrument1.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/interlace.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/blend_alpha_minmax.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/vertex_preclip.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/clipmap.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/shadow.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/texture_coordinate_clamp.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/depth_texture.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/texture_env_add.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/texture_scale_bias.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/async_histogram.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/texture_range.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/resample.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/texture_lod_bias.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/texture_multi_buffer.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/fog_offset.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/pixel_texture_bits.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIX
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIX/async_pixel.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIXcreating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIS
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIS/texture_border_clamp.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIS
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIS/texture_edge_clamp.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIS
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIS/generate_mipmap.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIS
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIS/texture_select.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIS
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIS/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIS
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGIS/texture_lod.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGIScreating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/REND
    copying OpenGL/GL/REND/screen_coordinates.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/REND
    copying OpenGL/GL/REND/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/REND
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/MESA
    copying OpenGL/GL/MESA/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/MESA
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/INGR
    copying OpenGL/GL/INGR/color_clamp.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/INGRcopying OpenGL/GL/INGR/interlace_read.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/INGR
    copying OpenGL/GL/INGR/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/INGR
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/WIN
    copying OpenGL/GL/WIN/specular_fog.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/WIN
    copying OpenGL/GL/WIN/phong_shading.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/WINcopying OpenGL/GL/WIN/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/WIN
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SUN
    copying OpenGL/GL/SUN/convolution_border_modes.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SUN
    copying OpenGL/GL/SUN/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SUN
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGI
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGI/texture_color_table.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGI
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGI/color_matrix.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGI
    copying OpenGL/GL/SGI/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/SGI
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/PGI
    copying OpenGL/GL/PGI/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/PGI
    copying OpenGL/GL/PGI/vertex_hints.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/PGI
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/OML
    copying OpenGL/GL/OML/interlace.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/OML
    copying OpenGL/GL/OML/subsample.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/OML
    copying OpenGL/GL/OML/resample.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/OML
    copying OpenGL/GL/OML/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/OML
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/KTX
    copying OpenGL/GL/KTX/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/KTX
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/IBM
    copying OpenGL/GL/IBM/rasterpos_clip.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/IBM
    copying OpenGL/GL/IBM/cull_vertex.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/IBM
    copying OpenGL/GL/IBM/texture_mirrored_repeat.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/IBM
    copying OpenGL/GL/IBM/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/IBM
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/packed_pixels.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXTcopying OpenGL/GL/EXT/texture_env_dot3.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/clip_volume_hint.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/_422_pixels.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/pixel_transform_color_table.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/texture_edge_clamp.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/blend_logic_op.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/cmyka.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/texture.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/misc_attribute.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/texture_env_add.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/shared_texture_palette.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/separate_specular_color.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/texture_filter_anisotropic.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/index_texture.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXTcopying OpenGL/GL/EXT/abgr.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/rescale_normal.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/index_array_formats.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/texture_env_combine.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/texture_lod_bias.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/bgra.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/texture_cube_map.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/texture_lod.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/stencil_wrap.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/blend_subtract.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    copying OpenGL/GL/EXT/texture_compression_s3tc.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/EXT
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ATI
    copying OpenGL/GL/ATI/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ATI
    copying OpenGL/GL/ATI/texture_mirror_once.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ATI
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ARB
    copying OpenGL/GL/ARB/texture_env_dot3.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ARB
    copying OpenGL/GL/ARB/texture_border_clamp.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ARB
    copying OpenGL/GL/ARB/texture_env_crossbar.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ARB
    copying OpenGL/GL/ARB/texture_env_add.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ARB
    copying OpenGL/GL/ARB/texture_env_combine.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ARB
    copying OpenGL/GL/ARB/texture_cube_map.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ARB
    copying OpenGL/GL/ARB/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ARB
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/S3
    copying OpenGL/GL/S3/s3tc.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/S3
    copying OpenGL/GL/S3/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/S3
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/fog_distance.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/texgen_reflection.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/texture_rectangle.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/copy_depth_to_color.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/vertex_array_range2.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/packed_depth_stencil.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/blend_square.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/texgen_emboss.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/texture_shader.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/texture_env_combine4.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/texture_shader2.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NVcopying OpenGL/GL/NV/texture_compression_vtc.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    copying OpenGL/GL/NV/light_max_exponent.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/NV
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/HP
    copying OpenGL/GL/HP/texture_lighting.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/HP
    copying OpenGL/GL/HP/occlusion_test.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/HP
    copying OpenGL/GL/HP/convolution_border_modes.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/HP
    copying OpenGL/GL/HP/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/HP
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/twburton/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/twburton
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/simple/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/simple
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/suite/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/rened/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/rened
    copying OpenGL/Demo/rened/sin_cos_reloaded.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/rened
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/redbook/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/redbook
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson41.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson42.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson45.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson48/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson48
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson48/Lesson48.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson48
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson48/NeHeGL.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson48
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson48/ArcBall.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson48
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44/glFont.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44/glPoint.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44/lesson44.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44/glCamera.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44/glVector.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson43/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson43
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson43/lesson43.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson43
    copying OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson43/glFreeType.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson43
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/GLUT/examples/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/GLUT
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/GLUT/examples

package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/tom/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/tom
    copying OpenGL/Demo/tom/logo.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/tom
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/dek/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/dek
    copying OpenGL/Demo/dek/PILNumeric.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/dek
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/dek/OglSurface/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/dek/OglSurface
    copying OpenGL/Demo/dek/OglSurface/Geometry.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/dek/OglSurface
    copying OpenGL/Demo/dek/OglSurface/triangle.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/dek/OglSurface
    copying OpenGL/Demo/dek/OglSurface/NumericPDB.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/dek/OglSurface
    copying OpenGL/Demo/dek/OglSurface/OglFrame.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/dek/OglSurface
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/GLE/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/GLE
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/da/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/Demo/da
    package init file 'OpenGL/scripts/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/scripts
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/twburton/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/simple/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/suite/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/rened/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/redbook/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson48/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson44/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/NeHe/lesson43/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/GLUT/examples/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/tom/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/dek/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/dek/OglSurface/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/GLE/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;
    package init file 'OpenGL/Demo/da/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;package init file 'OpenGL/scripts/__init__.py' not found &#40;or not a regular file&#41;running build_clib
    building 'interface_util' library
    creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.3
    creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/src
    creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/src/interface_util
    i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O2 -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fPIC -DGLX_PLATFORM -I/usr/include/python2.3 -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -c src/interface_util/interface_util.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/src/interface_util/interface_util.o
    i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O2 -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fPIC -DGLX_PLATFORM -I/usr/include/python2.3 -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -c src/interface_util/platform.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/src/interface_util/platform.o
    ar -cr build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/libinterface_util.a build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/src/interface_util/interface_util.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/src/interface_util/platform.o
    running build_ext
    building 'GL.ARB.matrix_palette' extension
    creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/src/interface
    i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O2 -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fPIC -DGLX_PLATFORM -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/python2.3 -c src/interface/GL.ARB.matrix_palette.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/src/interface/GL.ARB.matrix_palette.o
    i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -shared -O2 -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/src/interface/GL.ARB.matrix_palette.o -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -Lbuild/temp.linux-i686-2.3 -lGL -lX11 -lXext -lGLU -linterface_util -o build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/OpenGL/GL/ARB/matrix_palette.so
    /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld&#58; cannot find -lGL
    collect2&#58; ld returned 1 exit status
    error&#58; command 'i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1

!!! ERROR&#58; dev-python/pyopengl-2.0.1.09 failed.
    !!! Function distutils_src_compile, Line 38, Exitcode 1
    !!! compilation failed
    !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.
    what should i do!

edit* the smiley face should be a ; then - and then a )

***MOD Edit: PLEASE use the [ code ] tags when posting errors/code/configs. It increases readability very much. Thanks. ***
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Linux Engineer
    try removing the package that pyopengl is a dep of (in the list of dependancies from emerge -p you will see pyopengl followd closely by the package that needs it) then if all the others compile np you can deal with this problem on its own!

Quote Originally Posted by variant
    try removing the package that pyopengl is a dep of (in the list of dependancies from emerge -p you will see pyopengl followd closely by the package that needs it) then if all the others compile np you can deal with this problem on its own!
    But he's merging pyopengl manually here.

Can you post the output of emerge --info?
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

First try
    Code:
    opengl-update
    because that fixed a similar problem for me.
    noobus in perpetuum