Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have the ECS 755-A2 MotherBoard with a Realtek R52901BL (that may not be right as the writing starts to fade) and while in the installation enviroment my networking works ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

NETWORKING TROUBLE

I have the ECS 755-A2 MotherBoard with a Realtek R52901BL (that may not be right as the writing starts to fade) and while in the installation enviroment my networking works fine and i chroot into my enviroment so i can run my programs...but i'm having trouble whenever i boot up in the enviroment with my network. it says there was a problem doing netmount and it fails to bring up the "eth0" interface via dhcp could anyone help me anything will be greatly appreciated...

Linux Engineer
    Im just guessing but ti could be that your network card module is not being autoloaded. did you include support for your net card when you compiled the kernel and have you properly set up the networking? (the networking you set up under the live cd is _only_ under the live cd and will be lost when you reboot).

BTW, fix the topic title for your post :)

Just Joined!

Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

I did the stage3 installations and did a genkernel compilation b/c if i do it any other way it never works and i do not know what modules to autoload from there please help...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    i issued the lspci with the livecd in and for my ethernet device it listed: Ethernet Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SIS] SIS900 PCI Fast Ethernet...whenever i installed the gentoo system the same way the first time it seemed to work fine but now nothing but trouble...

Just Joined!

Re: NETWORKING TROUBLE coldplug

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerGuard
    I have the ECS 755-A2 MotherBoard with a Realtek R52901BL (that may not be right as the writing starts to fade) and while in the installation enviroment my networking works fine and i chroot into my enviroment so i can run my programs...but i'm having trouble whenever i boot up in the enviroment with my network. it says there was a problem doing netmount and it fails to bring up the "eth0" interface via dhcp could anyone help me anything will be greatly appreciated...
    Try to emerge coldplug. I was able to do it from the live cd.

It worked for me just a few minutes ago so I created an account on linuxforums.org to see how many others I could help

Just Joined!
    well i did emerge coldplug and hotplug as well but i'll re-emerge them someday...when i get home

Just Joined!
    Heres more sorry about the lack of complete steps.

check your init scripts for coldplug
    Code:
    rc-update show
    add cold plug to boot if not already
    Code:
    rc-update add coldplug boot
    Code:
    reboot

Linux Engineer
    dont type reboot instead type /etc/init.d/coldplug start

Just Joined!

its working thank you everyone

i finally got it to work i had to re-emerge coldplug and hotplug and re-add them to my startup list but now its working and i've developed another problem which i shall post on the forums.