Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there anyplace where I can download the most recent distfiles in like a zip or gzip format or something?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Distfiles

Is there anyplace where I can download the most recent distfiles in like a zip or gzip format or something?

Do you want an archive of all of the newest distfiles or just those for a certain package?

Just Joined!
    All the files in the distfile archive. You see, I can't get an internet connection because my internet comes from my Linksys wireless card but the gentoo install doens't support the rt2500 drivers. So I downloaded the latest portage snapshot and unzipped it into the appropriate file. I can't emerge anything though because my distfiles aren't up to date.

I don't think such a thing exists, as the size of such an archive would be massive. And if one did exist, it would take bloddy days to download...However, you could just selectively download the distfiles from the distfiles/ directory on your local gentoo mirror, picking the packages you wanted (or just get the ones necessary for your wifi to work, then you can use gentoo like normal!)

Just Joined!
    well, if they were just the latest and greatest distfiles. I mean, they have distfiles on the universal cd. I don't want ALL of them. I just want the latest. I'm just tired of using up cds.

Check the distfiles/ directory for your architecture on your local gentoo mirror.