Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Originally Posted by Flatline just take...a...long...time...to...install...anything.. .on...that...old...and...slow...a...processor. haha im not gonna try... maybe ill use it for a firewall or something.....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline
    just take...a...long...time...to...install...anything.. .on...that...old...and...slow...a...processor.
    haha im not gonna try... maybe ill use it for a firewall or something..

There are even a few liveCD-style firewalls out there you may want to look at. I find that idea pretty cool, since you can have a diskless, read-only machine with the config stored separately on a floppy or usb key. If something did happen to mess up your machine, just reboot and reload (I've also been toying with setting up websites that are done this way).
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux User
    thats pretty cool with the live cd and all that
    where could i learn how to set up a website like that

Really, you could pretty much just run a website from a Knoppix CD and store your config files for apache in a usb key; when you boot from the CD, you load your apache config, start httpd, and presto! A website that can't really be touched.

I've been thinking about delving more into liveCD stuff (if I ever have the time) and making a CD specifically for it. Now that I think about it, there's probably already one out there Just gotta find it.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    thats what i thought.
    that u didnt need a boot partition, in all my installs and all my trouble with them, my problems wouldnt have been avoided by making a boot partition.

i think ive only made one like once or twice

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatline
    Really, you could pretty much just run a website from a Knoppix CD and store your config files for apache in a usb key; when you boot from the CD, you load your apache config, start httpd, and presto! A website that can't really be touched.

I've been thinking about delving more into liveCD stuff (if I ever have the time) and making a CD specifically for it. Now that I think about it, there's probably already one out there Just gotta find it.
    hmm i think i might try that sometime

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5