Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ive followed the manual and have started up the wpa_supplicant, I put the init.d script inside the default startup. It seems to start up fine with eth1, but what do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

wireless networking with gentoo

Ive followed the manual and have started up the wpa_supplicant, I put the init.d script inside the default startup. It seems to start up fine with eth1, but what do I do next, how do I connect to the wireless hubs.

thanx for the help
    bignester
    The computer made me do it!! Slackware and SUSE too Gig\'em WHOOOOP!!
    \"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain amount of tasks, At the rate I\'m going I will never die.\" (I don\'t know)

did you start your nick after u got the wireless driver up and the radio working? check the output of
    Code:
     iwconfig
    and the outpt of
    Code:
    ifconfig
    to see if the nic itself is started and not just the radio part of the setup
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Linux User
    First off, I have never used Gentoo so take the following with that in mind.

Take a look ath this doc -

http://frealek.dotnode.com/blog/view/177

This is a doc on setting up an Intel 2100 3b wifi card but if you pay attention to step 6 it has some of the commands that I belive are not distro specific and that you are looking for.

If they don't seem to work for you I would do some googleing on "wireless tools for gentoo" or something like that.