Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
You are unable to emerge xmcd because you have libcddb. I dunno why that would happen, but try unmerging libcddb, running the merges, then running revdep-rebuild to make sure nothing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

You are unable to emerge xmcd because you have libcddb.

I dunno why that would happen, but try unmerging libcddb, running the merges, then running revdep-rebuild to make sure nothing needed that library.

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabhan
    You are unable to emerge xmcd because you have libcddb.

I dunno why that would happen, but try unmerging libcddb, running the merges, then running revdep-rebuild to make sure nothing needed that library.
    just did it...no more problems updating

now, does anyone know why some, seemingly, random list of packages won't compile for different reasons? i have a few packages that have given problems when emerging...drip is one of them (not important any more, but i'm showing it as an example). drip and many other apps, some of which aren't media-related, have different problems emerging. there seems to be more and more package problems like this (as, when i first installed gentoo i never had any problems installing something) and i'm wondering if my portage tree might be having problems or something (just a random speculation as i only know the bare basics of what's going on when using portage).

Linux Enthusiast
    i was able to install blender by installing an unstable/masked version:
    Code:
    ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge =blender
    ^that installed blender-2.37a

Linux Enthusiast

Re: Some portage problems...please help

*bump*
    Quote Originally Posted by josolanes
    Code:
    main.c:210:39: pasting "&" and "LoadGraph" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:210:39: pasting "." and "cpuload" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:210:39: pasting "cpuload" and ")" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:211:39: pasting "&" and "LoadGraph" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:211:39: pasting "." and "memload" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:211:39: pasting "memload" and ")" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:212:40: pasting "&" and "LoadGraph" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:212:40: pasting "." and "swapload" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:212:40: pasting "swapload" and ")" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:213:39: pasting "&" and "LoadGraph" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:213:39: pasting "." and "netload" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:213:39: pasting "netload" and ")" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:214:39: pasting "&" and "LoadGraph" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:214:39: pasting "." and "loadavg" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    main.c:214:39: pasting "loadavg" and ")" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    make[3]: *** [main.o] Error 1
    make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-applets-1.4.0.5/work/gnome-applets-1.4.0.5/multiload
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-applets-1.4.0.5/work/gnome-applets-1.4.0.5/multiload
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-applets-1.4.0.5/work/gnome-applets-1.4.0.5
    make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

!!! ERROR: gnome-base/gnome-applets-1.4.0.5 failed.
    !!! Function src_compile, Line 35, Exitcode 2
    !!! (no error message)
    !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.
    i ran into this problem again...i'd like to fix it if i can. it's with gnome-applets again and everything...exact same thing. i'd really appreciate if if i can get a solution to it. i've searched on google.com/linux with no answers...but a similar problem with other programs.

thanks in advance!

Just Joined!

Broken pipe error

I have a problem with the error "Broken pipe"
    This error occurs when I run a fortran compiled application in crontab mode.
    The application stops running after a while.
    When I execute the application normally , it works perfectly.
    Can you help to fix this problem
    Thanks in advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2