Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I think I'll wait. No pun intended....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I think I'll wait. No pun intended.
    "If you are out to describe the truth leave elegance to the tailor."
    -Einstein

Linux Newbie
    I still don't know enough about Gentoo so I installed using stage 3 so far, it took me a few hours to do it.

My first three or so Gentoo installs all failed because I hadn't any idea what I was doing and I was too arrogant to actually read the doc on how to install it. The first time I successfully installed a stage 3 gentoo it took me more than half a day or so. I can now pull off a stage 3 install in just a few hours, my "secret" if you will, is just to use a program called screen, this will allow you to directly copy and paste code right in which is quite nifty if you ask me. I also wing it when using wget to fetch my portage snapshot, I usually use the current date of when I'm installing or the day before - portage is updated every two days I believe. Those are just some tips for you to make things go a bit faster. If you are really into Gentoo, joining Gentoo Forums might not be a bad idea just to get more info.
    Registered Linux user #393103

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Stage 3 install takes me about 4 or 5 hours. Thats only a base install no window manager. Plain and basic install. A full install takes me about 3 or 4 days, depending on what window manager I use.
    Registered user #372186 -- http://counter.li.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2