Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a happy Gentooer, and I have shared my hard drive with Windows for a while now. The sole reason I have kept Windows is for gaming. Then I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thinking about migrating completely to Gentoo.

I am a happy Gentooer, and I have shared my hard drive with Windows for a while now. The sole reason I have kept Windows is for gaming. Then I discovered Cedega. Now I'm thinking about moving completely to Gentoo!!

Has anyone here used Cedega to play games such as CS:S (I play this religiously), Half-Life 2, Far Cry, WoW, etc. I would appreciate your comments, difficulties of installation, how well the program works, etc.

If it has worked out well for most of you, I will make a complete switch to Gentoo. Otherwise, I will still be stuck with windows, and have to buy the upcoming Vista (Perish the thought).

Linux Engineer
    I havent used wine/cedega as much, but I have heard that WoW could be played in even normal wine... I also heard that it were some bugs in CS on linux, but it should work fine.

Just a Q., if you have all the windows-games you need running fine on xp/2000, why do you have too upgrade to vista?

Just Joined!
    Sorry, thatwas badly worded. I didn't mean that I had to upgrade because of games. I just like to have the most current version of things (emerge). Even Windows. However, if I can switch all the way to Gentoo, I can save money.

Just Joined!
    Bump

I recommend checking out the Cedega forums:

http://transgaming.org/forum/

I know that WoW can be played; there's a group on www.fluxmod.dk that talks about it. And someone there is producing patches that let WoW be updated quickly.

Linux Newbie
    There's an old game that I really like ...... the first Diabo and its add on Hell Fire. Can it be run under wine ?

I see Diablo in the Cedega Games Database; don't see Hellfire. But since Wine is free, why not just download it and see?

On another note, Hellfire! Go Bovine Suit!!

Linux Newbie
    Thanks for the info Cabhan.........however, I install wine on my Sarge box and try to run Diablo ......... it's a no go