Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Unfortunately, I have no message, for my system, evereything is working. But I have no sound....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unfortunately, I have no message, for my system, evereything is working. But I have no sound.

If you try to run Xmms, and the soundcard is blocked, it will give you an error message. Are you getting any movement below the counter as if it is playing? Does the progress bar move from left to right or does it sit still? Did you go into Xmms's options/preferences and change the default sound from OSS to Alsa? It's extremely difficult to troubleshoot a problem from the other side of the earth without information about what it is and is not doing. You said alsaconf found your card and asigned it the emul0k1 module and you set alsamixer. That is very good information we can use to narrow down what the problem is. That's the kind of info we need.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    I tried to chqnge the xmms configuration, and put it to the alsa driver. But it has change nothing.
    Beside, I tried all the mixer possibilities, and I found it. It was the "IEC958 Optical Raw". It has to be ... mute. and since this everything is working fine.
    So I would like to thanks everyone who helps me..... thanks a lot

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Man, o man. I had the exact same problem with the same card.

I've been troubling with this for about 5 hours. Read every forumpost on the internet, and tried every tip in the book.

Then i came over this post, and gave gnome Volume Control a last shot, right before I was ready to give up.

Mute IEC958, and unmute Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack. Thank god for information sharing. Thanks folks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2