Results 21 to 24 of 24
Originally Posted by cheetahman Do you think the slackware boot cds could boot slax because its baded on slackware. Does the slack bootcd work but not the gentoo livecd??? Also, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 09-23-2005 #21
- Join Date
- Mar 2005
Originally Posted by cheetahman
- 09-23-2005 #22Originally Posted by jaboua
- 09-23-2005 #23
* Added a FreeDOS environment runnable from cdrom (previously known as ODIN bootdisk)
* Memtest86+ v1.40 has been updated on the bootdisk (option 1, then option 2)
* Smart Boot Manager v3.7.1r1 has been added to bootdisk (option 1, then option 3) so you can boot from cd/dvd on any 386 or newer system. It also eliminates potential buggy BIOS influences on the FreeDOS kernel.
* Installed FreeDOS configuration menu now so that the menu item with most available memory is the default choice.
* FreeDOS cdrom is now quite self-contained, and can be used without the special bootdisk. (If you do want the special bootdisk, obtain the latest one!)
* FreeDOS Kernel 2035-UNSTABLE (Bootdisk only, by Arkady, Lucho, Jeremy and others) This is an experimental branch of the FreeDOS kernel, for testing purposes only.
* UDMA2 driver, the successor to the PCI IDE UDMA accelerator driver (UDMA2 by Jack R Ellis)
* EMM386 and HIMEM version 1.13, now including experimental VDS support.
* EDIT version 0.82, fixing several bugs
* 8086 compatible CDEX component for cdrom drive(r)s on ancient x86 computer systems
You can start the LiveCD from DOS prompt. Boot your DOS and type:
(replace X: by your CDROM drive letter)
If you do not have DOS installed, or it is not able to access your CD,
try to boot from a diskette. You can use FreeDos from http://www.freedos.org
which has already a CD drivers included
- 10-15-2005 #24