Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
No other name. Just a Linksys v2.6 Wireless Usb adapter. Thats all ive seen and heard it be referred to....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

No other name. Just a Linksys v2.6 Wireless Usb adapter. Thats all ive seen and heard it be referred to.

Hmm...

Looking at the Linksys website, the only thing close is the WUSB11:

Long URL

If that's it, then according to the ndiswrapper site, you need to do the following:

- You need to use the driver from:

ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/WUSB11v4_08272004.exe

Open that exe and grab the inf and sys files. The inf file is called WUSB11v4.inf

- If this won't work, you need to grab the 2005-08-21 snapshot of ndiswrapper, compile it manually, and use that.

Give that a shot.

Its not the same version, but the model is right, I'll give it a shot.

I tried it out and I get the same error. I dont think it does support my card. Is there a card list for MadWifi as well? I would like to see if my card is compatible with that as well.

plug in the nic then as root type
    Code:
    lsusb
    and paste the output for the nic since we use chipsets not model #'s to figure out what driver is needed
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Code:
    Bus 003 Device 003: ID 077b:2219 Linksys WUSB11 V2.6 802.11b Adapter
    Thats the snippet from lsusb that concerns my adapter.

This version of the nic uses the 'Amtel' chipset and is supported natively in the kernel ....no ndiswrapper or madwifi needed
    Code:
    -> Device Drivers                                                                               
             -> Networking support                                                                         
                   -> Network device support (NETDEVICES [=y])                                                 
                           -> Wireless LAN (non-hamradio) 

[*] Wireless LAN drivers (non-hamradio) & Wireless Extensions                       
                    ---   Obsolete Wireless cards support (pre-802.11)                                 
                    < >   STRIP &#40;Metricom starmode radio IP&#41; &#40;NEW&#41;                                     
                    ---   Wireless 802.11b ISA/PCI cards support                                       
                    < >   Hermes chipset 802.11b support &#40;Orinoco/Prism2/Symbol&#41; &#40;NEW&#41;                 
                    < >   Atmel at76c50x chipset  802.11b support &#40;NEW&#41;                                             
                    ---   Prism GT/Duette 802.11&#40;a/b/g&#41; PCI/Cardbus support                             
                    < >   Intersil Prism GT/Duette/Indigo PCI/Cardbus &#40;NEW&#41;
    (this is from a 2.6.11-r11kernel)
    < > Atmel at76c50x chipset 802.11b support (NEW)
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

I built it in as a module, but it sitll doesn't seemt o be working. I have my computer check for hot and cold plugged USB devices at boot but I still cant connect to the network.

EDIT: Do i have to modprobe something to get it to work?

Have you modprobed it?

Unfortunately, I don't see a module name in the kernel config, so I'm not sure what it is. Personally, I'd just build it right into the kernel.

Im pretty sure there is something more I have to do yo the module, but I cant find anything on enabling them after you build them into the kernel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast