Find the answer to your Linux question:
when im installing packages using emerge, i dont remember exactly what it said but it had something to do with the mirrors being wrong. i have tried installing it 4 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast crashandburn0420's Avatar

help installing

when im installing packages using emerge, i dont remember exactly what it said but it had something to do with the mirrors being wrong. i have tried installing it 4 times today with all different mirrors and it still didnt work. Gentoo 2005.1

I can't remember the syntax, but you could try updating your mirror list with "mirrorselect". You'll have to look it up in the gentoo handbook.....

Hold on.....

Here it is. The handbook's instructions on using mirrorselect during the initial installation.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Linux Engineer
    Unless you're behind a firewall, the default mirror should work... If you are behind a firewall, the webrsync might do it

try commenting or removing the line for the mirrors in '/etc/make.conf' and letting it default to the main server to check if the mirrors simply havent sync'd yet
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Linux Enthusiast crashandburn0420's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    Unless you're behind a firewall, the default mirror should work... If you are behind a firewall, the webrsync might do it
    i dont think im behind a firewall, i already tried 4 or 5 different mirrors, different times, and when i use webrsync says sumtin like, no md5sum....dont really remember the rest. stayed up all night and all morning and afternoon writing down all the instructions and trying to get everything to work, i was kind of out of it. lol

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by crashandburn0420
    Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    i dont think im behind a firewall, i already tried 4 or 5 different mirrors, different times, and when i use webrsync says sumtin like, no md5sum....dont really remember the rest. stayed up all night and all morning and afternoon writing down all the instructions and trying to get everything to work, i was kind of out of it. lol
    Do you think you can get us the exact error?