Find the answer to your Linux question:
i finnally finished the installation and it starts up and goes to the screen where it says Loading "Linux... ok.Booting kernel"and it just stays there...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast crashandburn0420's Avatar

gentoo doesnt boot

i finnally finished the installation and it starts up and goes to the screen where it says Loading "Linux... ok.Booting kernel"and it just stays there

i think that means that there are problems with the kernel. maybe something became corrupt when you compiled it. try decompiling and recompiling it and see if that works.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux Engineer
    what kernel and post your grub.conf...you may have left out some of the mandatories when booting from genkernel...
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

im using the genkernel but im just gonna reinstall it again, hopefully i get it right this time

ha there is no reasen to reinstall simply chroot back in to the install with the install cd we do it all the time it is the way itis done nothing is realy broken and chances are that it will just happen again.... so post the /boot/grub/grub.cont there is prob a typo in that config
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

i had forgotten to put acpi=off in the grub config on the kernel line