Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can someone help me fix this error? I'm using version 0.9.4 and the error started when trying to update to version 0.9.5. I masked that version hoping the next would ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Error when updating SBCL...

Can someone help me fix this error? I'm using version 0.9.4 and the error started when trying to update to version 0.9.5. I masked that version hoping the next would install without a problem. Well, now 0.9.6 is out and it still won't update and gives me the same message....

Error message:
    Code:
    This version of SBCL only works correctly with the NPTL threading library. Please use a newer glibc, use an older SBCL, or stop using LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
    How would I fix this? How would I stop using LD_ASSUME_KERNEL? This seems like the best/easiest solution as I'd like to continue updating SBCL (out of fear that a newer version may eventually be another package's dependency) and as there are no newer versions of glibc out currently. I'm using the development branch and rarely run into problems I can't fix (usually, masking a package works).

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Linux Engineer
    in /etc/make.conf set the "nptl nptlonly" USE flags (add them to what is allready there) then run:

Code:
    emerge -avuDN world
    It will update and rebuild your system including support for NPTL. This will take some time but when it's done your error will be gone!

:)

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by variant
    in /etc/make.conf set the "nptl nptlonly" USE flags (add them to what is allready there) then run:

Code:
    emerge -avuDN world
    It will update and rebuild your system including support for NPTL. This will take some time but when it's done your error will be gone!

thansk a lot!

i'm updating now...i'll update this post once it's done updating

EDIT: yep...that worked
    thanks again!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close