Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi im using the latest kernel and fluxbox with xorg of course. I have an MSI nvidia 6600 card. My problem is that X plays nicely for some time (maybe ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Screen display playing tricks on X

hi im using the latest kernel and fluxbox with xorg of course. I have an MSI nvidia 6600 card.

My problem is that X plays nicely for some time (maybe hours) and then randomly (especially when i use firefox + amsn) starts displaying random colors all over

something like these colors on the pic here
    http://www.microscopy.fsu.edu/optics...d/caffeine.jpg

firefox does not refresh when its brought to focus, neither does any console so i remedy this by restarting xdm but it happens all the time its hard for me to explain it better i just hope someone has had or dealt with the same problem so he can help me fix it.

hmmmm the firefox mess....i get this now and then all of x slowing and freezing here and there for a while but i havent had the funny colors but what to do short of restarting X im still figuring it out................

.but may i ask are u on a lcd or a crt for the monitor( i ask because if a crt that could also be the moniitor starting to faill randomly)
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    thanks for your reply

its a brand new lcd sony monitor... i think i may have found the problem. im using the default X configuration and not the nVIDIA driver ..i\m trying it today and see if it fixes it

thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close