Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
if it sees eth0 as the ieee interface, then eth1 should be the net interface... try making your net config file read Code: config_eth1=("dhcp") then try starting eth1: Code: ifup ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

if it sees eth0 as the ieee interface, then eth1 should be the net interface... try making your net config file read
    Code:
    config_eth1=("dhcp")
    then try starting eth1:
    Code:
    ifup eth1
    and another tip, remove everything from you're /etc/resolv.conf file; that should be generated by the dhcp script:
    Code:
    echo "" > /etc/resolv.conf

Just Joined!

Re

Hi, I have same issue and read something about that.
    First of all, this problem apperaed after updating system, specifically after updating udev to version 103. On my box i have one network card integrated on the motherboard (peviously eth0) and firewire. After installing udev-103, the new name of my network card is eth1_rename and firewire have eth0 . So i searched over the internet and found the same problem on gentoo forums, but i'm didn't find any solutions (maybe because i'm not originally english speaker and still don't understand completely). I posted some thread and somebody told me that i must generate new initramfs, because udev is in it, and that he does it with initramfs-update in debian. But how should i do that in gentoo? How the udev did it during the instalation?
    Thanks.

Just Joined!
    The reason this happens is because the eth1394 driver is compiled into your kernel. On bootup it loads this module before the driver for your ethernet card (mine was 3c59x) and assigns it to eth0 and your ethernet to eth1. I have read several different methods of disabling this module however none of them have worked. (disablemodules=eth1394 on kernel line in grub, MODULES=!mod in /etc/rc.conf, and several different udev rules). The only thing that worked for me was to disable that module in the .config and rebuild the kernel.

Just Joined!
    I have already solved it (sorry for ignorance). Only thing that I did was renaming kernel modul I think that the name was eth1394.ko to for example ~eth1394.ko. Because I have compiled kernel with genkernel most of my kernel features are compiled like moduls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2