Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have the microsoft wireless laser keyboard and mouse version 6000 that was bought for me i'm having trouble using it with gentoo even the first installation part...i want to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless keyboard and mouse

i have the microsoft wireless laser keyboard and mouse version 6000 that was bought for me i'm having trouble using it with gentoo even the first installation part...i want to use the 64-bit version if you know anything that could help other than buy a new keyboard and mouse i would greatly appreciate it. thanx in advance.

Okay...

1) What problems are you having?
    2) What do you mean by 64-bit one? The AMD64 version of Gentoo?

Just Joined!

ok whenever i'm typing stuff in it says invalid key input and random things that are really just error messages i want to use the amd64 version yes and i can't exactly tell you what it is doing...other than whenever i'm typing it just shows random error messages concerning the keys.

Just Joined!
    check this
    i had the same problem too...

Just a warning, if you plan to use the AMD64 version, make sue you enable IA32 emulation in the kernel and if you plan to use ndiswrapper, be warned that unless there are 64bit drivers available for download for your card/adapter, your pretty much out of options.