Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
for kernel recompilation just do: Code: cd /usr/src/linux make menuconfig make && make modules_install mount /boot ---if you don't have it set to automount in fstab cp arch/i386/boot/bzimage /boot/bzimage ---this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

for kernel recompilation just do:

Code:
    cd /usr/src/linux
    make menuconfig
    make && make modules_install
    mount /boot ---if you don't have it set to automount in fstab
    cp arch/i386/boot/bzimage /boot/bzimage  ---this is the name of your kernel
    *optional but I do it* cp System.map /boot/System.map
    reboot
    And it found my kernel if I see a lot of text comming and going once I select Gentoo, correct?
    I think it must be if you see stuff but then stops at not finding partition this definetly makes me think that it is something not enabled in your kernel.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Just Joined!
    Oh damn, does '/dev/sdb1 /boot' automount my boot partition?

no sorry I should have looked at your fstab you do have the noauto option so it won't automount and you will have to mount it to copy over your bzimage.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    So I guess I have to take out noauto.

no you don't noauto just is an extra precaution some people take to not have there /boot partition mounted after they startup. It doesn't effect whether your kernel gets booted or not. Basically its just a matter of preference.

Just Joined!
    So I've been working at it, and it seems that everything everyone suggested dosen't work. And it turns out I had already had enabled all the thigns related to SCSI and SATA in my kernel.

Just Joined!
    So I fixed it, and i'd like to thank everyone who helped me

what did you do to fix this? Please post if you can so others can benefit from this thread.

Your welcome, I hope I was of some help.

As a side note I just purchased an amd 64 3700+ and will be installing 64 bit gentoo so I will be probably be needing help myself pretty soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2