Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
do you have net.eth0 added to default runlevel? rc-update add net.eth0 default...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

do you have net.eth0 added to default runlevel?

rc-update add net.eth0 default
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Linux Enthusiast crashandburn0420's Avatar
    yes i have had it

::BUMP!!:: Dang there aint any one here who know what i could do?

well this isn't really an answer to your problem but maybe a temporary patch

you say that you have to keep the terminal open when you dhcpcd eth0 try this and then closing the terminal

Code:
    dhcpcd eth0 &
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

doesnt work

Remove debug from your use flags then emerge --unmerge dhcpcd and then emerge it again.

Quote Originally Posted by mactabilis
    Remove debug from your use flags then emerge --unmerge dhcpcd and then emerge it again.
    perhaps you can post in the official gentoo forum? http://forums.gentoo.org. they should know more about this sort of thing
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

The reason i reply with that answer is that i had the same problem,When you emerge dhcpcd and you have the USE="debug" in your /etc/make.conf you will see errors about the debug use flag telling you not to use it ,Then you will get errors displayed what crashandburn has displayed here on reboot of the box,And it was resolved in the gentoo forums what i am a member of ,So if it does not correct the problem it is still FACT for another matter.

He may of done a system update and not seen the output of the dhcpcd emerge.
    You should do your homework before makeing peoples posts look worthless,and post links that work,
    http://forums.gentoo.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mactabilis
    You should do your homework before makeing peoples posts look worthless,and post links that work
    little harsh there a** hole. Anyways I've posted enough n00b questions by now that every one here should know, I AM A N00B

*edit* my bad.. :P

i use dhcpcd as my dhcp client and had to add modules_eth0=( "dhcpcd" ) to /etc/conf.d/net

it's the only line in /etc/conf.d/net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2