Find the answer to your Linux question:
now,gentoo had released two version of livecd.One is installer livecd and another one is minimal livecd.Which cd should i use?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

which ways should i use to install gentoo linux?

now,gentoo had released two version of livecd.One is installer livecd and another one is minimal livecd.Which cd should i use?

If you want to use the graphical installer to install use the "Installer" live CD, and if you want to do the install in a text only environment you should use the "Minimal" live CD.

Since this seems the first time you've tried to install Gentoo, I'd say the "Installer" version might be easier for you.

EDIT - Remember to use the Gentoo Handbook when installing

dylunio
    Last edited by dylunio; 03-09-2006 at 04:40 PM.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

my personal opinion is to use the minimal install if you have a good internet connection and if you plan to use gentoo a lot. Gentoo requires you to manipulate a lot of files and to know your system well. Using the graphical installer might be faster but it won't let you get into the nuts and bolts of your system and might end up eating up more of your time trying to do basic things like changing fstab, make.conf, etc....... You will do these things in the text install and then forever remember how to do them. Just my 2 cents.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    you'll learn more if you dont do the gui installer
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

minimal install + handbook is the only way to go.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?