Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone, I'm adding the modules from genkernel to modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6. I'm using the command: find /lib/modules/2.6.15-gentoo-r1/ -type f -iname '*.o' -or -iname '*.ko' >> /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 This will add all the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Adding genkernel modules to modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6

Hey everyone,
    I'm adding the modules from genkernel to modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6. I'm using the command:

find /lib/modules/2.6.15-gentoo-r1/ -type f -iname '*.o' -or -iname '*.ko' >> /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6

This will add all the modules to modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 but it's almost 1,000 lines in /path/modules.ko format. I really don't want to have to go through a thousand lines remoing the path and extension. Is there anyway to remove the path and extension using find or something else?

Thanks.

Just Joined!

Modules

I've compiled my own hardened kernel. I've got a lot of modules too. I'd like to add the necessary ones to autoload, but I have found very little documentation on kernel modules, the filenames themselves are not very descriptive, and just like you I'd like to find a way to add them without the path or extensions.

If you leave any out, then by default udev will load any modules it thinks you need. I usually comment it out in the /etc/conf.d/rc file so that my network interfaces don't get started unless I want them to, and there is some hardware I don't really want activated.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry