Find the answer to your Linux question:
i had just installed gentoo on my comp and i tried to login for the first time and everything i type in for the user name is doubled. for example, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem typing after install

i had just installed gentoo on my comp and i tried to login for the first time and everything i type in for the user name is doubled.
    for example, if i typed "root" it wold print out "rroooott"
    any ideas on how to fix this?

Just Joined!
    Have you tried to set the keyboard to response in a less sensitive way?

Just Joined!
    how would i do that?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

this may help you

make sure your keyboard configuration in /etc/conf.d/keymaps is set to windowskey.

the windowskey can't be the problem, i have it set to NO and i have no problems. make sure you have the right keymap. the wrong one can cause some strange things (i've once set a sun keymap on my U60 and series 5 kb and it cause all the keys to work incredibly strangely).
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Just Joined!
    i believe i have the keymap set to "us" and the windowskey set to "no". ive also tried installing with the windowskey set to "yes" with the same results

is there anything special about your keyboard?
    does your keyboard work fine in the installer CD?
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Just Joined!
    its pretty much just a standard usb logitech keyboard. and it works fine while im installing

ok, that means you screwed up somewhere in installing gentoo
    sunaries set to set the keyboard up in a less sensitive way, and i think he has the right idea. i just don't know how to do it. try www.google.com/linux and searching for "reduce keyboard sensitivity" or something like that. it might turn up something/