Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I had the same exact problem, and that fixed it. After emerging baselayout, I had to change a few config files, but afterwards it all worked. Thanks!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I had the same exact problem, and that fixed it. After emerging baselayout, I had to change a few config files, but afterwards it all worked. Thanks!

Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar
    The portage tree I am using is a partial portage tree. And the packages required for emerging baselayout are unavailable. How can I install these packages otherwise. I am not getting their source files. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

Quote Originally Posted by apoorv_khurasia
    The portage tree I am using is a partial portage tree. And the packages required for emerging baselayout are unavailable. How can I install these packages otherwise. I am not getting their source files. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah reemerging baselayout helped me too... I had the same problem as well. If I understand correctly you should be able to add more mirrors to your /etc/make.conf. Here is the entry at the bottom of mine:

GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/pub/linux/gentoo ftp://ftp.ucsb.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/gentoo/ http://mirror2.etf.bg.ac.yu/gentoo/"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar
    Ok I finally fetched the packages from somewhere else, placed them in /usr/portage/distfiles and emerged baselayout. That solves the problem. Thanks everyone.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2