Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am doing a Gentoo stage 3 install from a LiveCD. I am using the GUI installer. After pressing Install, does the installation stay at 'Live CD root password set' ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installation freeze ?

I am doing a Gentoo stage 3 install from a LiveCD. I am using the GUI installer. After pressing Install, does the installation stay at 'Live CD root password set' for almost 6 hours

I tried the command line installer too, the terminal simply closes when I finalize the pre-install process

What should I do ?

Just Joined!
    Alright. I fixed it myself . The problem happened to be in my manual partitioning. I had partitioned without a /boot. So I chose the recommended and then resized the same. Now the installation is underway

something worth noting is that the GUI install of gentoo doesn't work for most people. i personally recommend the manual install over the auto since you get all the advantages of gentoo (fast boot, fast running and probably more stable).
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close