Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, im trying to install Gentoo from the live cd, and im having some problem i have no idea what it means... Ok basically i run through the installer and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

gentoo: key error: "oldminor"

Hello, im trying to install Gentoo from the live cd, and im having some problem i have no idea what it means...
    Ok basically i run through the installer and fill out all the partitioning and package info, get to the part where it you start installing it, and i get that this error:

GLI: File "/opt/installer/templates/x86Architecturetemplate.py" line 139 in partition self_logger.log (' partition + str(part) +
    "has oldminor" + str(tmppart_new["oldminor"]) + "and it is being resized.....saving start sector" + str(parted_part.geom.start))
    KeyError: "oldminor"

So basically what is oldminor and how do i fix it? i did a lil research and it was rumored it may have something to do with the windows partition....

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Just Joined!
    Your best bet, in my opinion, would be to not use the installer. It's not very reliable at the moment. You'd probably have better luck doing a manual install, as documented here: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml

Just Joined!
    update:
    I tried the manual install, had problems unpacking the stage 3 tarball...
    However i used cfdisk to manually delete the windows partition, and went back to the installer and used the recomended partition layout and bingo, its installing