Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
I have my whole system built with "-ipv6" so I don't know anything about that. Does it work if you just use the "vga" driver for xorg? (put vga in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I have my whole system built with "-ipv6" so I don't know anything about that.

Does it work if you just use the "vga" driver for xorg? (put vga in your drivers section in make.conf along with the other ones)

Another solution would be to find a livecd and boot into it, so that you can post your xorg log file. That way you can chroot into your gentoo install to fix it if need be, and still be able to surf in firefox. I keep a knoppix cd around just for this type of thing.

We will get this fixed. If nothing else, I can ssh into your box (if you wanted me to that is) when I get some time, and check all of the error logs and your conf files.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

Linux Enthusiast crashandburn0420's Avatar
    most of the messege is just ******** but it is something about bitmap modules not loading and pcidata modules not load with xorgcfg

it wont let me copy and paste from the terminal to links so i cant post the actual messege

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by gruven
    I have my whole system built with "-ipv6" so I don't know anything about that.

Does it work if you just use the "vga" driver for xorg? (put vga in your drivers section in make.conf along with the other ones)

Another solution would be to find a livecd and boot into it, so that you can post your xorg log file. That way you can chroot into your gentoo install to fix it if need be, and still be able to surf in firefox. I keep a knoppix cd around just for this type of thing.

We will get this fixed. If nothing else, I can ssh into your box (if you wanted me to that is) when I get some time, and check all of the error logs and your conf files.
    How would you go about doing that, i trust that you wont **** with my computer if you do, and the vga didnt work

pm me if you want to do that ssh thing

anyone else have any suggestions getting kinda pissed off right now its been like this for a week and my familys kinda mad at me cuz i "messed up" the computer

Just a thought, but have you updated your world file lately (emerge -avuDN world)? That would pull in all of the packages you would need for X to start, and it would also pull in some dependecies that you are probably needing.

And for me to ssh into your box, I would need your public ip address, you would have to create a user for me, start the sshd daemon, and trust me enough to give me sudo priveleges (or root access, which I do not recommend unless you don't use sudo). Or, I could just look around, and tell you what you need to do. You will also need to open port 22 on your router, if you run one. You can pm me a username and password if you want me to do it, I won't mess with your computer. I will try to fix it as best I can.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

i update my system every day

hey gruven i pm'd you

Quote Originally Posted by crashandburn0420
    most of the messege is just ******** but it is something about bitmap modules not loading and pcidata modules not load with xorgcfg
    if thete is a ModulePath entry in your /et/X11/xorg.conf file then comment it out.

IIRC RgbPath can go too.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast