Find the answer to your Linux question:
anyone know how i can get firefox and thunderbird to integrate properly? e.g. opening links in firefox and opening the email composer in thunderbird. that sort of thing....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

firefox-thunderbird integration

anyone know how i can get firefox and thunderbird to integrate properly? e.g. opening links in firefox and opening the email composer in thunderbird. that sort of thing.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

I think all of those settings should be in your Desktop environment. In Gnome set it in preferred apps, in KDE you can change it in KDE Control Centre.

no, i'm using xfce and it's definitely in the about:config of each program. krendoshazin told me on IRC (about 20 minutes after i made this post), but i was unable to do it at the time.
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

i figured it out. i just had to enter the appropriate network.protocol-handler.* settings to the about:config of each program

sorry bout the double post, but edit seems to be broken.

oz
    forum.guy
    I see the problem has been solved, but here's a HowTo for anyone else looking to know how to do it. All of it should apply to any distro except for the "emerge" part:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Integrate...rd_and_Firefox
    oz

cheers for the link. i'd used a slightly different one (firefox tips or something) and just figured out the thunderbird one.