Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am currentrly trying to emerhe kde-meta but I ran into a error. Its trying to ermerge jpeg-6b-r7 but gives me this error: /usr/bin/libtool:line 5966: i386-pc-linuc-gnu-ar: command not found make: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Emerge Error with jpeg

I am currentrly trying to emerhe kde-meta but I ran into a error. Its trying to ermerge jpeg-6b-r7 but gives me this error:

/usr/bin/libtool:line 5966: i386-pc-linuc-gnu-ar: command not found
    make: *** [libjpeg.la] Error 127

ERROR: media-libs/jpeg-6b-r7 failed
    Function src_complie, Line 34, Exitcode 2
    make failed

I know usually there is something under this to tell you what is wrong but there is not and I have no idea what to do to try to fix this. I have checked my make.conf and that looks good. and ideas?

i have had that problem, but I don't remember what I had to rebuild to fix it. You can just do an "emerge --resume --skipfirst" to get passed that and get KDE installed though.

The answer is on the gentoo forums, I know that much. That is where I found it anyway.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar
    I remember to have a similar problem. The problem was that I was trying to emerge gaim and the installtion failed with a package called Orbit. Then one day while emerging some other oackage (I fail to remeber it) Orbit was one of the dependencies and it went through installtion without any problem. Then I tried to emerge gaim and it started after Orbit. Since then I have made it a standard solution to such problems. Cannot help u with the right package for u as I have never emerged yours, google can help u with that though. Just find a package which requires jpeg-6b-r7. And remeber to env-update.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close